Monday, September 29, 2008





Here's some more pics of my perfect baby. Isn't it funny how you have all these doubts and questions and wonder if your baby is normal and eating enough and sleeping right and blah, blah, blah...but then you look at her while she's sleeping or while she's up and alert and looking around and think she's the most perfect, beautiful baby ever? All those anxious thoughts flee for a few minutes...until the next feed time. :) Today is the first day that I feel somewhat nomal. I definitely don't have it all down and can't imagine doing anything else but taking care of Natalie- but I feel more hopeful about the job. It's been a rough few days, to be honest. Between the pain from C-section recovery and the constant doubts about feeding, specifically, I have been a bit fearful of many things. I have prayed often, with Scotty and on my own, for the peace that surpasses understanding and that I can really trust in the Lord to guide us in this time. It is a constant battle to not worry, but I know that He is with us. I'm receiving visitors at home for the first time today, as well, and look forward to feeling like I can interact with her and the outside world at the same time.

Natalie is a very sweet baby. She doesn't fuss much, goes down fairly easily most of the time, and loves to lay on a blanket and look at Daddy or stare out the window. Obviously, you can't tell much about personality at this point, but I think she'll be a mild-mannered little girl and a joy to be around. I love learning more about her every day and have come to realize that this is my God-given ministry at this point- to be a mommy. I will eventually be able to incorporate more and more outside ministry into my life again, but I know I don't need to feel pressure to do that right now (even though I sometimes do). My house is getting a cleaning and re-organizing from top to bottom, by my great mom, while I hang out with the baby. This is a huge blessing to me as well and hopefully I can keep up what she's started after she's gone. She takes off on Saturday and I'm not sure how I'll manage everything without her help- but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

Well, I had better grab some lunch before the little girl is up and ready to have some lunch of her own!

4 comments:

nicole said...

She's just perfect! I'm glad you're feeling better today! Everyday gets easier and with new day also comes more and more confidence as a mommy! We love you guys!

Spirit of Adoption said...

She's GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for the update! You are doing a GREAT job, Mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

What a super mega cutie pie. She looks so much like you, Lis! I agree with Nicole-- every day is easier. You're doing awesome! Give Natty a big fat kiss for me!

the johnson crew said...

she is so beautiful! congratulations!