Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby update

Another visit to my doctor this morning- I feel it's become a second home. There is still no dialation but thankfully, all is well with the placenta, fluid, heartbeat, and baby. He said upon checking that her (big) head (he actually called her a "bighead") was pushing against the lower part of the wall of the cervix instead of the center part, therefore, no dialation. If her head were to move up just a bit, it would help the whole process a lot. I asked if there was anything I could do to help her move, like walk, climb stairs, crawl around on my hands and knees, etc... He seems to think nature will take its course if it's going to. Happily, he is being patient and is giving me until Sunday before he induces. If he sees even half a millimeter of dialation by Saturday, he'll let things go on their own. If not, it's oxytocin for me! It's nice to see an end in sight and our prayer, of course, is that she comes on her own. I have this weird feeling it will be soon- we'll see if that's intution or desperation. :) Thanks for all your kind words and prayers- I know you're all hoping along with us!

PS She was drinking amniotoic fluid like a maniac while we got the ultrasond, sticking her big lips in and out quite rapidly. Scotty said she looks like Homer Simpson- what a sweet daddy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and he also said that Auntie Gert looked like Yoda!!

Anonymous said...

thinking of you from ohio :)

nicole said...

Come on out little girl!! :-) Praying for you guys!