Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Miscalculation...

I'm going to try real hard not to complain and sound irritated in this blog...although I have to admit that I was ready to wring my doctor's neck yesterday. I don't know how many times I have explained to him that I have very long cycles and wondered if that could change the due date of the baby. Yesterday, I found out that he had my cycles noted in his files as a normal time frame and told him that there was a mistake there. "Oh, that changes everything!" he says. "We have more time." So, now we're looking at the possibility of next Tuesday before the baby could come or before he decides to induce (he has explained that the placenta ages much more rapidly in the altitude, which is why he won't let his patients go more than a day or two past their date). Well, after a week of going in almost every day and hearing that nothing was progressing or changing, this all made sense, but was also very, very disappointing. Again, I'm sure all you moms understand that feeling of being beyond ready to meet your baby, so being told that it could be a week longer than you thought is disheartening. The rest of the day was rough as I continued to mull over this fact and think about how all my planning was perfect for her to come when she was originally planned (as if due dates are ever very accurate). I was convicted many times of trusting the Lord's plans, however different from my own, and His timing- but wanted to reject that idea in my highly emotionally state. I admit even now it is a battle not to get upset when people call to ask if she's come yet or anytime I go into the doctor, which is daily now. Thankfully, he's given me a doppler scanner to take home with me so that I can check the baby's heartbeat on my own and keep me from needing to go in all the time. But, when it's all said and done, I must submit my will, my desire to the Lord. He is good, His ways are perfect- do I really believe this enough for it to affect my emotions, my attitude, my thoughts?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can understand how hard this time must be for you, Lisa! You are doing the right thing: catch yourself and your attitude and readjust as needed. But what you are feeling is SO normal! I ache with you and am just as impatient (well, maybe not JUST as impatient, after all, I'm done with the big belly for now...). Know that you are in our prayers. Now we're praying for an early baby. ;) Love you guys!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh Lisa! HUGS!!!! I'm so thankful you were so honest w/ us!! I'll be praying! Will your mom be able to stay? I hope so!!! We want to 'meet' her too!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

OK, I think some of us mommies should come down there and give your doctor a good talking-to. And then stomp on his foot.

And then make you some food and watch a chick flick.

Praying for you. Hang in there. I know it's really difficult to think about one more week.

Anonymous said...

Hey cutie pie. I know exactly how you feel-- it is so hard to wait to finally meet this little person who you feel like you already know so well! It's ok to be emotional! Since you may have to wait a bit longer, just take some time to rest, hang out with Scotty, and enjoy another morning of sleeping in. Really, these are small luxuries that you'll miss soon enough. I bet you'd rather have your little one here in the outside world, but second best might just be another day of sleeping through the night. :) I love you tons, and am anxiously waiting with you! Hang in there!

beth said...

Dear, dear Lisa,
We were just talking about you at small group tonight and will pray for your peace of mind as you wait. Believe me, I KNOW how hard it is to trust the Lord's timing when you are sooooo ready - beyond ready - to meet your precious little girl. And I know how hard it is to continue being asked if she has arrived. Nevertheless, the Lord's timing IS perfect and little baby Miser's due date set! Praying that you will rest in him til she comes.

Lots of love,
Beth and Coty

Roodman said...

praying for you guys right now.

ASwanson said...

I can't imagine what the two of you, especially you, Lisa, are going through. I've been getting excited/anxious this week, wondering why no e-mail has come, stopping by the blog, expecting the announcement of Little Miser's arrival. We'll pray for you at worship practice tonight (and I'll keep you in prayer 'til she comes).