Sunday, September 07, 2008

Not yet...

I wish I could say my week absence means I've had the baby, but not yet. My mom came in on Thursday, we have been working on finishing the nursery, washing baby clothes (she brought me a heap), and even got a pedicure and manicure so the nails would look nice while I'm in the hospital. Bags are packed, baby car seat is installed, meals are beginning to freeze as I type. So, what are we waiting for? All our friends at church came to me this morning to pat the belly, offer an encouraging word and remind us to call as soon as anything exciting happens. The doctor has me coming in every 2 days and so I've heard more times that I'd like to, "there's no change". I know things can change very rapidly, but I guess I assumed it would be gradual, therefore I wonder when that process is actually going to start. We were all hoping this weekend would be the time, but here we sit. It's nice to have a few days with Mom before the arrival to catch up and get some things done around the house, but I'm ready for my daughter to get here already. :) I'm sure all moms know what I'm feeling. But, like all things, this is under the sovereign hand of the Lord and in line with His perfect plans. I pray for peace and patience to wait for His timing. Until then...stay tuned!

7 comments:

ML said...

Lisa! Like the other mamas out there, I understand the temptation to be impatient at the end of a long road! But, hang in there, because as you said, our God is absolutely in control of EVERY last detail. :) We will keep checking in to catch any exciting developments, but in the meantime will pray for that peace and patience you crave.
Much love to you three from the Malleys

Unknown said...

Waiting is hard but you only have a little bit left compared to how long you've waited already. The timing is for her and for you. Love, Amanda

molly said...

We've been wondering! Keep us posted! We'll be praying...the waiting is so hard.

melissa said...

I always felt that the last few weeks of pregnancy lasted as long as the previous months! But hang in there! She'll be here soon. No one stays pregnant indefinitely, although it can feel that way sometimes... Babies "cook" at different rates, and most come when they're ready, not when it's convenient for us. *sigh* :)

I'll be praying for you, Lisa, as "D-Day" approaches! The Lord will be your strength, and He has made your body strong to do this task!!

Can't wait to hear the news of baby Miser's birth!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

good to get the update! I was just about to facebook you, then thought I better check my blogs first! : ) Glad you are 'ready'!!! Praise the Lord for your mom!!! What a gift! Praying for you!!!!

Unknown said...

I feel it with you! I'll be checking back regularly and praying for you through this process...what joy awaits you! Can't wait to hear!

nicole said...

I remember all too well!! We're praying for you!!