Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cutest baby ever!

I've been hoping to blog for a few days now, but have been a bit busy with other things. I'll make this one short and promise to post some more pics in the next few days. For now, here is me and my sweet baby. Natty is doing really well and wooing all of us each day. I'm recovering slowly, but thankfully, have a very helpful mother and awesome husband that do so much for me. That gives me time to feed Natalie and rock her and change her diapers and put her to sleep. You can pray for our feeding times- I've got a very lazy nurser on my hands and she seems to sleep the best when she's "nursing". It's been a bit frustrating for me because I'm not sure if she's getting all that she needs and wonder if it will affect my milk supply. I'm going to start pumping tomorrow in hopes that it will help keep things up. Nights are tough, but I feel like she's getting into somewhat of a time routine- or at least, we know what to expect in how long she will sleep and eat. Scotty's my pro diaper changer, burper, putter-to-bedder through the night, which is a life-saver for me. She already has him wrapped around her finger. Our community here has been fantastic in both visits and giving us space, prayers, and meals- God has been so gracious in giving us these friendships and surrogate family members. Although I have not responded to many of you, I appreciate all the loving words and prayer that you have sent our way. I'm sure I'll appreciate the advice I'll receive from this blog as well. Stay tuned for further info...

6 comments:

melissa said...

we heard Natalie's birth announced at church tonight! i had to thank God again for her safe arrival into the world. praying for your nursing relationship to be awesome - the first weeks can be tough, but stick with it - it's very rewarding! there are some great resources on the ican website (www.ican.org) for tips on breastfeeding after a c-section.

blessings!

Jessica said...

She's absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats to you guys, we are so excited for you , and can't wait to meet Natty when you guys come back north!

Unknown said...

Your baby is beautiful but I do have to argue that our baby is the cutest baby EVER!!! ;) We could divide it by hemisphere...yours is the cutest in the entire southern hemisphere and mine in the northern... Love you both! And it's great to see a new pic up. I've already e-mailed with my words of, well, "wisdom" (in my short experience). Guess you got my gift after all or you got the exact same swaddle blanket from someone else that I meant to give you! Looking forward to more pics and to seeing you for real in November! ~Laura

Melanie said...

Isn't mommyhood the BEST?!?!?! Natty is beautiful and you'll get the hang of the breast-feeding thing. It seems as though most babies tend to be pokey eaters at first, but stick with it...even if it takes 45min-1 hour to nurse! It'll come - she'll get the hang of it and then all of the sudden, it will only take 20 minutes, and then only 10. :-) If you need any encouragement or a cheerleader, I'm there for you!

Unknown said...

Lisa, she is GORGEOUS! And I have to say, I think she looks just like you. I, too, was thrilled to hear that she finally decided (or was forced) to make her appearance...you must have made a very nice home for her in there!

Manny is having the same trouble with nursing too. In fact, the Dr was concerned about his weight today so they recommended that I nurse and then give him another 2 oz through a bottle (I've been pumping too...it helps a lot!). They just told me to keep a count on his pee and poop diapers to tell if he's getting enough. Isaiah was the same way. Anyway, hope that helps. It's hard to remember that this is a short season and soon she'll be nursing like a champ! I have to keep reminding myself of that anyway.

I'll be praying for you, sister! It's obvious that you're a very attentive mommy and that Natalie is in good hands :)

Anonymous said...

Yep! She's cute as can be. Can't wait to meet her in person.