Friday, September 12, 2008

Projects

I haven't posted much about the nursery because I've wanted to wait until we got it all put together before showing pics. But, I'll put up a few of the newest advancements and before too long, the whole room.
Mom sewed these raspberry colored bumpers with periwinkle dots before she got here and I bought the foam to stuff them with. That was one of her first accomplishments after she came. So, how does one lower the side of a crib that has a bumper on it? Is it supposed to fit down between the gate and the side of the crib? This is one we have to figure out...I stole this idea from my friend Kelly who had seen it in an on-line store (I think). Mom brought down some scrap fabrics with periwinkle and yesterday we drew animals and stuck some stick-on letter to cheap canvases I bought here. The giraffe is in Spanish, just to mix things up a bit. My good friend Whitney surprised me with this beautiful hot-air balloon painting she did for the baby. It matches beautifully with the periwinkle throw I have over the chest of drawers we had made. We've also got a hot-air balloon puzzle that was being given away to the first finder (only missing 11 pieces out of 1000) and an adorable watercolor with a hot-air balloon that my mom painted and brought down. Those still need to be framed after we get the baby's name put on one and then I'll post those pics too. I love the room and think Baby will too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the pink (raspberry). I noticed the alphabet cards. Tia Lisa, I am looking forward to seeing you later this year with my new prima. I have a white bear that is like the one in my prima's nursery. I have a white bear almost like yours, prima. I love you.

Unknown said...

Everything looks great! And I didn't end up doing the letters, so you are unique (except I found them on restoration hardware's website!). If I had been smart like you, I would have done them the way you did. As it was, the method I had planned was too hard and I threw in the towel.

Whit said...

I especially LOVE the hot air balloon painting! Who did you hire to do that for you??? The nursery looks lovely- the" J es para Jirafa" cracks me up! I'm also glad I wasn't one of the 97 folks who called once again to ask you if she's been born yet...