Thursday, September 18, 2008

Definition of Insanity

I've heard it said that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. After today, I also think it should have something to do with aimlessly climbing stairs. I've walked up and down the stairs to our third-story apartment 15 times today, since getting home from my doctor's appointment. He said it could help the baby reposition herself. Is this insanity?
In other news, Scotty has decided he wants to finally have the marshmallow roast he's been promising the neighborhood kids on our land tonight. I have to say my energy levels are not what they usually are (could it be from walking up and down 3 flights of stairs 15 times?), nor is my people energy. I've noticed lately that my mind is mostly consumed with this baby arriving and anything that falls outside of that sphere doesn't interest me a whole lot. It is a tough road to walk when you are a missionary and intimately involved in the lives of lots of people. This is good for me to think about and pray about, as I know the first few weeks of her life will consume me, but it is important that I am still in contact with people around me. I have a tendency to enjoy escaping to my cave and pretending like the rest of the world doesn't exist. I am asking the Lord for wisdom in how to balance these things and I think it starts even now, before she's here. I'll post pics soon of the marshmallow roast/bonfire (what is it that makes men LOVE to make big, burning piles of stuff?)- I know it will be a good time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw Lisa...SO SORRY you're still waiting. I guess I shouldn't apologize for God's timing (since it's perfect and all), but I will anyway :) I can imagine this is really hard for you! Just save your energy and don't exhaust yourself...you use it later. Praying that little girl out of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's my favorite widget? I was having fun watching it count back up! :D Hang in there, cutie pie. :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

I'm just now seeing this...how did the marshmallow roast go?

She's coming, she's coming!!! : )