Sunday, September 08, 2019

Day 7: Light in the darkness


Currently, my family is sitting snug and warm around a wood fire while Scotty reads to the kids.  I hear laughter and smile because my husband can make them laugh like no other.  Calming music is coming from my speaker and I have innumerable reasons to feel profoundly grateful.  But, my heart is heavy.

There are so many friends around me who are experiencing pain, deep pain.  There are circumstances that they have no control over that are tearing them apart.  There are words that have been spoken to them that have wounded them.  There are times when it seems like hope for them remains far off.  I am feeling their pain today.  I am feeling the weight of a broken world and the tension that the Lord is so near while sin is so active all around us.

"I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12  By the grace of God, may we all be light in a dark place today.

No comments: