Thursday, May 28, 2015

It happened.

Where do I start?  Life has certainly changed with Moses a daily part of it.  It's almost like having a newborn again, since we are still trying to learn his signals, his desires, his communication.  He wakes up quite a bit at night to drink milk every 3 hours.  Between bottles, he wakes up in a fair amount of tummy pain, as his body needs to adjust to our brand of formula.  Nights are hard, but he makes up for it in the day with his good naps and sweet attitude.  He takes in the world around him, especially his crazy big sisters, and rarely has a negative word.  God really knew who would be a perfect fit for our family!  We're laying low, mostly around the house, for the time being- following the good advice of professionals and other adoptive parents to keep things chill in order for all of us to get good and attached to each other.  Between making bottles, feeding, changing diapers and putting down for naps (not to mention what the older girls need), I hardly feel like I could do much else right now.

So, it's a bit surreal that we've finally arrived at this point.  I can't tell you how many times it seemed as though it would NEVER happen.  I'm so glad that is all behind us.  I am grateful that the girls, especially Natty, really enjoy him.  I am grateful that he feels like a part of us- the thought that he was incubated and birthed by another woman is hard to imagine.  I am grateful he seems to be totally comfortable with us.  I am super grateful that Scotty can stick around more than normal to give me a hand and make bottles and read stories to the girls.  He an amazing father and husband.  So, we're a family of 5 now!  I look forward to us growing even more as Moses becomes a deeper part of who we are.

No comments: