Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mommy group

So, God has been good to give me this amazing group of women in La Paz who all decided to have girl babies around the same time. Ok, God decided they'd be girls and when their birthdays would be, but it all works out great for us! Natalie is the last in the line, but she'll soon be catching up with those a few months ahead of her. We've started meeting on Tuesday mornings to hang out, get out of the house (except for today, it was in my home), snack, chat about all things, and most importantly for me- ask baby advice. This is the first group I've gone to with Natalie and it was most helpful in many ways. One, just having the presence of these ladies in my life to share with and empathize with. Two, knowing that I'm not alone in the struggles and joys, but have several friends who have just gone through similar things- it's priceless, really. Natty had a pretty rough night last night (translates- Mom and Dad had a rough night) so it was really nice just to have a break from the routine of diaper changes, naps, breastfeeding, crying, etc... I am so grateful for these women in my life!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I'm so glad you have this. It was such a good thing for me when Emma was born. I was able to ask questions and just know that I wasn't alone!!