Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Book hunt

I have been thinking a lot about the short trip we will be making home in November and what I might pick up while I'm there. We are sadly short on good books that we haven't already read several times through and so I wanted to put my feelers out to all of you that I know read my blog and also read really great books. Can you think about what books, both fiction and non, that you have really enjoyed in the last few years or have really impacted your lives? I'd love to compile a list to buy and slowly have them shipped down, as I won't be able to fit that much weight in my luggage. If any of you want to pass on any that you liked, and won't miss too much- that'd be awesome as well. Many of you, we will be seeing on our journey this fall. So, send your recommendations my way- we'd both really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Lisa,

Why don't you post a list of the type of things you enjoy and I can forward it to the church. Also, check online for book swap groups. I'm in one here and first I've gotten rid of stuff I no longer needed, and I've gotten some curriculum for free.

Susan 4DGCc

Danielle J. said...

I have one, but it's a young adult book, since it's all I read because of my students these days :) It's called "Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life" by Wendy Mass. It's one of the best books that I've read in a while and would recommend it to anyone!

I'll gladly send it your way if you send me your address. I'll also include some other things in the package if you'll let me know what to get!