Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 3rd anniversary!!


Three years ago today, I married the most amazing man on the planet! God brought us together from very different places to a country far, far away from home- Bolivia! I never expected to meet my husband on the field, nor did I dream of getting to know this man who super ceded all my hopes of what a partner could be. From the very beginning of our friendship, his honesty, funny personality, intelligence, sense of humor, love for people, love for Bolivia, positive outlook, and strong faith struck me. Only over these last several years have I seen those great qualities grow and so many more have been discovered. We have walked together through good times and bad and he has always clung to the Lord and led me to do the same. And now we enter together into the great adventure of parenting! I am so thankful for him and look forward to many more years of laughter, tears, and discovering God's plan for our life together.

7 comments:

Steve said...

What a beautiful tribute, Lisa! We are so thankful that the Lord brought you two together, and we know He has great plans and blessings in store for you. We love you both (all three!) very much. Happy Anniversary!
Mom and Dad K

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Scotty and Lisa! And just think-you will soon be holding a little bundle of joy in your arms- the fruit of your love.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! I REALLY hope Baby girls gift gets to your mom's house before she leaves!!!! I just sent it today....I'm praying it makes it! : )

beth said...

Happy Anniversary, you two. What a gorgeous couple you are and what wonderful parents you are going to be! We can't wait to hear about Baby Girl Miser's arrival.

Love,
Beth

Teresa said...

Congratulations Scotty and Lisa. We, Paul and I, didn't get to make it to your wedding. So, it is nice to see a picture. Scotty, Ironton has not changed at all. Paul noticed last week that your old apartment has been torn down. We have no idea when but it is gone. That made us think of you and google you. We were surprised to read your blog and see what you two have been up to. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your first child. It is an exciting time. Well, I just wanted to hi from Kentucky. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lisa, for loving our son so well. We love you, too, very much!

Annette Paré Photography said...

happy anniversary, Scotty & Lisa! i thought of you on the 27th - even before I read your blog :). praise God for anniversaries and that we get reasons to celebrate God's faithfulness. can't wait to hear the news that is coming any day now! we love you - the Pare's.