Monday, August 18, 2008

Bonfires and Baby showers


Hannah Hurst turned 9 on Friday and we were happy to be invited to one phase of her surprise birthday celebration. We offered our land to have a weenie roast/smore toast- Scotty has been collecting burnable stuff for quite some time and has plenty for several bonfires. We gathered around together to enjoy a yummy meal and celebrate Hannah- the sweet, middle daughter of our good friends, Greg and Faith. Scotty had recently pushed down a section of the wall that divided our two pieces of property and it gave us a new perspective of both lots together- we can't wait to build a house there!
These 2 beautiful ladies threw me a baby shower for me and all my foreign friends on Saturday. Knowing me well, they made it a brunch and I loved every minute of breakfast food and great chats with this community.
Julie is one of my 3 friends here that has had her first baby this year, also a girl, and I'm blessed to be surrounded by other women going through this fun, new phase.
Jana's mom is in town and shared a few points of godly wisdom she has picked up as a mom and now as a grandma to Jana's adorable baby girl, Emma. Thanks Momsy!!

The girls gathered round to lay hands on me and pray for me, Scotty, the baby and all that we are entering in to as new parents. What a gift to be lifted up to the Lord by these godly women.

6 comments:

Steve said...

I love the picture of all the girls praying for you, Scotty and the baby. God is so good! So excited for all of you...and us! See you soon. Love you! Mom K

Spirit of Adoption said...

What a blessed time, Lisa!!!! So thankful to the Lord for all the fellowship He has provided for you, sister!!!

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could have been there too. You have such wonderful friends and I'm happy that I've already met many of them. The view from your property is so pretty ... and I'm happy that you aren't hampered by overkill zoning regs that would have prevented your bon-fire in many communities.

Unknown said...

These are precious pictures! What a sweet family you have there around you! And you look GREAT! If you're feeling anything less than prepared and ready, you certainly don't show it. This mommy thing already suits you well.

undergroundcrowds said...

21 days to go! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have FB? facebook?

undergroundcrowds said...

do you need any black and whites of hot air balloons, in other words, do you want me to send you some pics?