Monday, August 25, 2008

Long day

Isn't this a lovely image of sheep grazing by a happy, little church (extra points if you can find the shepherdess)? This is the neighborhood Catholic church that we can see out our window and I love to see the neighborhood sheep grazing in the front lawn. It's definitely better than seeing the sheep "grazing" in the empty lot behind us which is filled with nothing but dirt and a few dead scraggles of bush (not to mention little shade and no water)...

So, here's the latest me and belly- 38 wks. I impressed myself today with the amount of stamina that still remanis by leaving the house early to meet a friend for a birthday breakfast and spending the rest of the morning shopping, followed by an almost 8 hour lunch/meeting/dinner with the Mallasilla Bible Church leadership team. Granted, I am pretty pooped by this point- but I'm still blogging! It has been nice to have more energy than I thought I would in last trimester, but I'm starting to finally feel those aches and quick drains of energy that lead a woman to wish for her old body back. I will miss the tummy but I'll be so happy to meet our daughter soon! Now all I need is the time to pack my hospital bag and to find a baby bathtub and I think we'll be set. Could be any day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hospital bag checklist. Hope this helps!

Spirit of Adoption said...

I'm amazed at your stamina too! : ) You look beautiful as always! : )

Kara said...

I just arrived on your blog via Sara V's blog.

I just wanted you to know how AMAZING you look at 38 weeks! My belly was pretty much flopping over my pelvic bone I was carrying so low. I hope your birth goes quickly, I'll say a prayer for you!