Saturday, October 30, 2010

Scotty rocks!

A while back I started a fan club on Facebook called "Scotty rocks". I haven't updated it for quite a while, but I think it's about time. As I type, my awesome husband is heading out in the dark night of rain to pick up an antibiotic for me (yes, I have an infection on top of everything else going on), after having cooked dinner, spent the afternoon with our baby, grocery shopped and got Natty totally ready for bed with stories and all. This is nothing for Super Scotty who has always been a great husband but he has totally kicked it up a few notches when I went in for bed rest a few weeks ago. Every day he woke up early- and he's not a morning person- to get Natty out of bed. He fixed her breakfast, changed every diaper, dressed her (and she always looked cute) brought her to and from the clinic, made her lunch, put her down for a nap, brought her back to the clinic or out on errands with him, remembered her juice and diapers and wipes when they went out, made her dinner, bathed her, got her ready for bed and put her down. On top of this, he went grocery shopping, encouraged me, brought me stuff I needed for my extended stay in the Château Garden Clinic, made lots of phone calls to inform people of what was going on and who knows what other things I'm not aware of. He even went to my play group one day! All of this and never once complaining, never once snapping at me, never once in a foul mood. And now that I'm home and recovering from surgery and feeling a bit yuck from the infection, he continues to almost single-handedly take care of Natty and even made French toast for dinner tonight. My husband doesn't cook (but is capable of almost anything when he puts his mind to it). He picks up things I drop cause it hurts to bend over, he gets out of bed in the night to check on Natty when she's crying, and even though I'm capable, he still gets Natty out of bed in the morning cause he knows it hurts to walk around a lot. I think I must have the best husband in the world and can't thank God enough that when it really matters- his character and Christ-likeness are proven as gold. I love you Scotty!!

3 comments:

mims said...

Maybe JW Mason was wrong when he said Scotty, contrary to what his mom might think, couldn't walk on water. Sounds to me like he's coming pretty close and his ma is proud of him.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Scotty!

Michelle said...

I love you too Scotty!!!! :D Scotty rocks!!!