Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday nights

I can't resist adding a ridiculously cute picture of Natalie.
Every other Wednesday night Scotty has a men's book study at 8pm. It's a nice excuse to relax and go to bed early. I will be going to bed extra-early tonight, as Natalie kept me on my toes late last night when I should have been visiting Mr. Sandman (does anyone else picture that scene from Back to the Future where "Mr. Sandman" is playing in the background?). Anyway, I love the quietness of Wednesday night. I love knowing my husband is meeting with other men who all want to challenge themselves to live more radically sold-out lives for Christ. I love that my baby has been in bed for an hour and a half and I had a relaxing dinner with my husband. I love that I just had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate ribbons. I love catching up on friends' blogs. I also usually spend some time before going to bed praying for friends- the sweet, Bolivian women and families in my life, missionary friends, others going through hard times. I am reminded again of how blessed my life is, how amazingly wonderful and adorable my baby is, how grateful I am that God has chosen to shower down goodness on my family. The beginning of my week is usually slow and gradually builds in intensity. This week is no exception. Tomorrow I must run several errands that will take up the majority of Natalie's "awake" time. Friday is my birthday, beginning with SIM team meeting and ending with a "Grease" themed birthday party. One of my good Bolivian friends is also having a scheduled C-section that day- the birth of Natalie's future husband. :) Saturday is Bible study and prep for Sunday. Sunday is church and then an all day church leadership lunch/hang-out time/prayer time at our pastor's house. So, tonight I rest. If I had a bathtub, you know where I'd be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely and wonderful Wednesday! I am relaxed just thinking about it :)

Annette Paré Photography said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday on Friday, Lisa! I love this pic, and I love the recap of your nice evening. The Lord has blessed us indeed.