Friday, February 27, 2009

What's not in La Paz

I went to my favorite Cochabamba grocery store with Natty yesterday. If you're curious, here are some things I can't find in La Paz that I bought here:

1. canned green beans (does anyone else think these are super yum?)

2. coconut milk, lite (yes, not "light")

3. Crispix cereal (there is a serious good, but not too sugary cereal shortage in Bolivia)

4. donuts- these are as close as I've come to Krispy Kreme in Bolivia, except heavier (could that be all the grease?)

5. diet Cranberry Canada Dry- this was just a random splurge buy. I'm not much of a soda
drinker, but I think I picked it up just cause it was a novelty.

For some reason, I love purusing the aisles at the grocery store. As long as Natty has a plastic produce bag to play with, she likes it too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

David LOVES canned green beans. He gets really sad when I make green bean casserole with frozen ones (which is what I usually buy).
Sounds like you are having a great time :-) Soak it up!

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of the canned green beans too! Hanover is my favorite because they're usually really big cans and are lined so the beans don't come in contact with the aluminum. I add salt, pepper, a splash of olive oil and a little sugar and let it simmer for awhile like a good southern girl :)