Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Doin' the stuff

Natty's rockin' the tennis shoes for our evening walk.
So, I'm hiding out in the bedroom right now cause the men's Bible study got switched to our house, last minute. It's nice to have an excuse to sit on the bed and look at recipes, download pics and write emails...although I think I'll be sacking out rather soon. As I was hanging clothes up, I realized that Scotty and I are doin' the stuff we love and that God has gifted us to do. While the men started showing up, I was in the kitchen preparing lunch for a Bolivian/Argentine family we've invited over tomorrow. Sipping tea, eating chocolate (someone stop me), chopping veggies, and washing dishes- I'm trying to live out the command to be a keeper of my home. And then Scotty's out in the family room leading men through the Spanish version of John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life- a neat group of guys who really do want to make their lives count for something. These things don't seem huge when I think about missionaries serving in the bush with tribes that have never heard the name of Jesus- but this is what God has called us to, and it is good. Natty is tucked away in her crib (hopefully not to wake for a long time) and we are serving in the ways we were created to serve. It is a gift to do this here in La Paz as a family.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Serving the way God called you to serve.

That phrase really struck home with me. It is too easy to compare ourselves to others and think we're not doing it right or doing enough, but all God wants is our hearts and our devotion and He made us each differently to serve Him.

So even though you're a missionary, you are first Scotty's wife and Natty's mom and God uses you in that capacity as you interact with the women around you.

Hugs to you all!!

Susan