Thursday, November 27, 2008

First Date


By the way, Scotty and I met on Thanksgiving, 2003. That was a good day- but I never would have expected all that has come since then!
We had our first date since Natty was born last week. We left her in the capable hands of my parents and set out for a fun night in our favorite local pizza restaraunt, Satchels. On the way we stopped at a used book store and enjoyed a bit of browsing- a rare luxury we don't have in La Paz. Then to Satchels- an eclectic, fun, delicious spot set in a removed area of my hometown. Besides the indoor seating, they've scooped out the insides of an old VW van and installed a couple picnic table style booths and we were lucky enough to find a spot inside! It was a cold night, but the little electric heater set on the floor and lots of twinkly lights made it a cozy spot for our grub. While waiting for our pie, we perused the funky restaraunt store filled with things like old pez dispensers, bacon-style bandaids, fake facial hair, etc... We chatted and relaxed and didn't worry about the baby. It was great! I love my husband. :)

3 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

good for you! I'm looking forward to a couple of dates when we get back to the States.

Melanie said...

I'm assuming you mean the 'ville as your hometown...where is this place? I'd love to know!

Melanie said...

"this place" i'm referring to is the restaurant...