Friday, November 07, 2008

Mastitis blues

Well, I realized today I hadn't written a blog for quite some time. I realized almost a week ago that I did, in fact, have mastitis- thanks to many knowledgable medical friends and no thanks to doctors here. Anyway, the last few days have been a blur of pumping, warm compresses, massages, frustrated breast feeding, more pumping, crying (me and the baby!), fussiness (Natty had a growth spurt in the middle of my issues, meaning less milk than normal and cranky baby), etc... It has been the toughest week since she was just born. I've done a lot of venting, a lot of question asking, and sadly, a lot of doubting. Everything and anything has caused me to worry, be anxious, stress. The last 2 days, I've spent a lot of time praying, reciting scripture (or at least bits and pieces I remember), and seeking God's hand in all of this. It's still not over and my body is far from back to normal, but I have more peace that God is in control and will move us through this time. We're also in the throes of packing and trying to get everything prepared to be home for a month. We've got 2 more days to wrap it all up! I'm excited to get home and have some more hands to help me with the baby. I'm especially excited to see my friends and be in a wedding! I'm realizing how tiring and full-on this last month and a half has been since Natty came along and know that I need some rest and refreshment. Hopefully, we'll be wise about our time and how we spend it, trying not to do too much. Thankfully, we are in a spot here where we can leave ministry responsibilities in the capable hands of others and we look forward to coming back with new direction and strength to serve.

3 comments:

mims said...

Wow, what a tough week. Wanted to let you know we will have a washer & dryer here and so you won't need to pack a lot of extra clothes for Natty or yourselves. Hope you're feeling much better by Monday morning.

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh sister! I'm so sorry!!! I think I had that same exact title a couple of years ago!!!! It's HORRIBLE!!! I know!! I hope you are feeling better today!!!

Unknown said...

Mastitis is terrible. I'm so sorry. Hope you are feeling MUCH better.