Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fun with missionaries


So good! (For you Homestar fans out there-- think Teen Girl Squad) That's my synopsis of my weekend at Billy Graham's retreat center, The Cove. Women of the Harvest put on a get-away for women missionaries who are home on furlough, as an opportunity for them to relax, be pampered, be challenged and refreshed spiritually, and meet other women who are serving around the world. My time consisted of good food, lots of gifts, prayer, worship, fantastic small-group sharing, beautiful hikes, reading, pedicures, and making lots of new friends. Sounds pretty good, huh? The greatest thing I took away from this retreat was a renewed affirmation and excitement for the call that God has given us to serve in Bolivia. On top of that, I interacted with women in all phases of missionary life and heard their personal stories of joy and devastation- but all pressing on as God gives them the grace to overcome through Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so thankful that your time at The Cove was fruitful! Isn't our God faithful to assure us of His plans for us, especially when we are uncertain or hesitant?!