Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Good-bye Nana and Papa.

Last day's hiking activity with my parents and friends.

I think I just saw my parent's plane fly over our house.  They left fairly early this morning and since then I've enjoyed being in the quiet and cleaning, organizing, cooking, etc.  But, I can't say that there isn't sadness, too.  Natty started yesterday saying how she didn't want Nana and Papa to go.  She cried pretty hard this morning as they were leaving.  Good-byes have gotten so much more sad since children have come along.  Natty really gets it now- that we won't see Nana and Papa again for a long time.  It's hard to watch her suffer and know that in another reality, maybe we would see them all the time.  But, this is our reality and for the most part, we are used to living away from our families.  It's in times like these that you are faced with one of the losses you try not to think about too much that living oversees brings. I tried to remind Natty, and myself, that we were blessed to have 3 weeks with my parents and do lots of fun things together.  It was a great visit and we are thankful that our parents can make the trip here and share in our lives for a while.  I'm glad it's a sunny, happy sort of day outside and that Jubilee is sleeping long and giving me a few moments to reflect and work and pray.  I'm glad that there are things to look forward to in our lives this week and in the weeks to come.  I'm glad that one day, there will be no more good-byes and we will all be together with Christ, worshiping and playing forever.

1 comment:

Steve said...

We were so blessed to have the time with you. Thank you for sharing with us your home, your love, and your lives. We will miss you, but will trust God to bring us back together in His timing. Give those babies big kisses from Nana and Papa. We love you very much.