Friday, September 16, 2011

Bed rest, Day One

Don't worry, I'm not going to write about every day of bed rest. I'm sure it would be even less interesting than actually being on bed rest. But, I do feel that I've had a good start to my official bed rest days and thought I'd give you a little look into my world. First, let me say how awesome, truly amazing, my husband is for getting up early with Natty (something I always did before), fixing me cereal, making lunch and dinner, washing dishes, taking Natty to the bathroom, getting me drinks and snacks and whatever random things I need, AND preparing a sermon. I'm sure there's more in there, but you get the idea. However, I feel like I was fairly productive as well, for someone who sits or lays around about 23 1/3 hours of the day. I was able to find the perfect, cheapest flight back to the states for us last night and spent a good amount of time looking for a reasonable hotel in Miami we could stay one night in. I spent time in the Word, read books to Natty, had a nice chat with a good friend online, wrote some important emails, found a strong leader in the quest for a boy's name (just in case), helped make dinner from Scotty's rolling office chair, took a shower, put puzzles together with Natty and am blog writing! One of the nicest parts of the day was when a new neighbor friend called up and said, "I have some time right now if you want me to come over and look at your sewing machine." I had been in the middle of a simple project when the tension got all messed up (yes, maybe I twisted a screw a lot at some point) and I couldn't fix it. So, she and her husband came over, brought cake, and fixed my machine. While we were chatting, another family from the neighborhood showed up with a loaf of bread and jello (?) and spent about 45 mins with us! I felt so loved and so thankful for these friends who don't mind walking over at anytime to say "hi" and offer their assistance in any way possible. I called a different neighborhood friend this morning to see if Natty could go play with her girls (there was a big strike today- no school) and she said she'd take her for the whole day if we wanted! Wow...such generosity. So, it was a good day and if everyday is like this, I think we'll be alright.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a successful day! I simply can't imagine having to be in bed for 183 more days. I pray that God will give you the grace to make it through these next several months and that this little person inside of you will greatly benefit from your rest! I'm looking forward to reading your accounts over the next several months.

mims said...

Grrr! I had written a comment and then didn't understand that I had to sign in AFTER writing it. So now, what did I say? Well, I said its impressive to see how rapidly God answers prayer. And I asked if Feli could cook something big when she is there so that you could have left-overs. Oh, and I said its great that you don't have to actually lay in your bed in your bedroom but can come out into the living room and kitchen. Someone commented today that Natty should thrive on having so much more of your time and attention with you being pretty much housebound.

beth said...

Oh, Lisa - so glad to hear that it was a good day. What a sweet blessing to have those neighbors stop by. God's gifts!