Friday, April 11, 2008

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Although we were busier and found more to do in Buenos Aires, apparently, we didn't photograph as much. But, here is a nice sampling of things that stuck out to us:
Dog walking is a profession in Buenos Aires. We saw these guys and gals hooked up with various pups all over the city. This particular man took quite a while to get all his leashes in order, but then took off across a busy highway with about 15 or so dogs.
I'll apologize in advance if any of my readers own these pants, but I think they're a bit silly. BA is definitely into fashion, and it seems as though the trendy thing for young women are these cottony pants that have elastic around the ankles and a crotch almost that long. We actually saw quite a few people wearing these- I'm not sure any of them made it the style look good.
I love animals. BA had a nice zoo and we managed to get in early enough on a Saturday to beat the crowds. I've decided that although Scotty is much handsomer than a giraffe, this animal best suits him. Long legs, spots (Scotty is fairly freckly), long neck, tall. I can't speak for the personality however. These adorable "rabbit deer", as we named them, were running loose all over the zoo, mixing with other animals as they desired. We never figured out what they were- does anyone know?
Scotty's bday (April 3) was celebrated in high style at the famous Argentine restaurant Siga La Vaca (follow the cow). This is an all you-can-eat salad, meat, bread, fries and drinks (even wine!) place with dessert at the end. They lost money on Scotty, they made money on me.

2 comments:

mims said...

Here's a link to tell you about the little deer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudu

Its a cute little animal.

ASwanson said...

Very late and very lame as it is for me to use the blog to say it, I definitely was thinking of y'all around Scotty's birthday, so a belated Feliz Cumpleanos al senor Scotty! Sounds like a great vacation. Maybe someday I'll get to take one to South America...know of any place at high elevation with lots of good hikes and beautiful views?