Thursday, February 28, 2008

The low-down

How amazing are ultrasounds?? 12 weeks and counting...
Thanks for all the encouragement and excitement we've received so far- we are truly thrilled to be pre-parents again and thank God for His gift and perfect timing. These last months of waiting have been a challenge but also a time to grow immensely in our understanding of God's goodness, soverignty, and perfect love for us. So, the details you all (women friends) have been waiting for. I found out on my mom's birthday, which is why I have a party hat on in the cinnamon roll picture. An explanation of the cinnamon roll can be found here. The really neat thing is that Scotty and I had decided to not "try" in December because we had both sets of parents here and the holidays and all- we didn't want any extra stress. Again, God always works things out when He choses to, without our "help". :) So, the doctor has been seeing me every 2 weeks, as a precaution after losing the baby last year. The awesome thing here is that they do an ultrasound at every visit (at least, my doctor does with his patients), so we've been able to see the little guy grow by leaps and bounds every 2 weeks. I have another appointment in a week and a half and then we'll go to the normal monthly visits. I'll miss seeing his little transforming body on the screen so often! I've felt decent, but the first month or so was really rough- general yuckiness all the time that made me up for very little and a tad more cranky than normal (these were also the days of no water- what a combo!) Scotty, as always, has been ultra-patient with me and I'm starting to feel back to my old self these days.

So, that's the scoop, I think. Little baby Miser is due Sept. 9.

8 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G u/s pics!!!!!!!!!!

Annette said...

that's so awesome, you guys. thanks for sharing the details.

Unknown said...

What fun to regularly check in on the baby!

...and I know SO MANY people born that week of September! Christmas presents or something :-D

Jessica said...

Felicitaciones, you guys! That is wonderful news!! We are thrilled for you!!

undergroundcrowds said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFG said...

Super happy to here about the new little life in the making! God be with you!

Melanie said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while, so let this be a belated congrats!

the johnson crew said...

oh yay! what at amazing blessing! congratulations you guys! i will be praying for you!

-janelle