Monday, February 18, 2008

Love

We failed to capture our Valentines Day celebration in photo but I'll still share about my wonderful husband and how thankful I am that God brought such a caring, patient, loving, fun man into my life to be with until death parts us. I am a blessed woman. Vday morning, we both woke up early since Scotty had his theology class at 8 and I wanted to make pancakes for him before he took off. Scotty's not a huge gift person, but he always appreciates a good breakfast. I tried dying the batter pink, which looked lovely in the bowl, but turned to a nice gold color upon cooking. They had pinkish insides, which usually you would avoid in food, but seemed to be OK in pancakes. I attempted to make the first one in the shape of a heart and then wrote "I (heartshaped pancake) Scotty" with syrup- he said it looked like a cat head. "A" for effort, I say. The day progressed as normal and was a fairly busy one. After a few errands, Scotty came back to the office with 2 purple lilys- the Scotty lily and the Lisa lily, he explained. He also had some fun size Milky Way...chocolate is one way to my heart. I wrote him a nice card and we both were looking forward to dinner at our favorite little Italian restaurant in the neighborhood we used to live in. There's a surprising number of foreigners that have opened restaurants around the city, and this one is run by an Italian and has a simple menu of the most common pastas and the most common sauces, to be mixed as you choose. I had canneloni (with cheese, spinach and chicken) with a pesto sauce. The portions weren't huge but I believe there was some expanding element cooked in with the pasta that caused Scotty and I both to feel like we had shared an elephant for dinner. We went home and layed down on the bed to try to expand our stomachs and fell asleep at 8:30. :)

Ana sharing her testimony.

Another love story that I've mentioned lately is the new-found love our Cuban friend Ana has found with the Lord. She gave her testimony at church on Sunday and it was so encouraging for us as a church to rejoice with her and see the way God has been working in her life over the last few years. Although she's been here for 2 years, she is married, and is excited to go home to share her faith with her husband and 19 year-old son. We had the largest attendence on Sunday as well, with 50 adults and probably about 20 kids. We just fit into the Alfaro's house and again see God's hand at work by bringing so many people to learn about Him. Pastor Edgar presented our plan for service and ministry for the year and many were excited to be more involved and make the Mallasilla Bible Church their home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet effort, Lisa! I love the syrup idea. Glad you got a dinner out, too!

We continue to be encouraged by your heart for the people there and your efforts to live in real community with them!