Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Running water

We had running water today! I think it's been at least a week since anything has come out of our tap and this was an exciting afternoon for me. Scotty and I had stuff to do in town this afternoon, so I wasn't able to sit at home and just watch the water run, as I would have liked. But, I did have time to wash the dishes, wipe down counters, wash bathrooms, and fill up 20 2-liter bottles of water. It's amazing how excited a person can get at seeing water come out of their sink. The past few weeks have been a haze of trips to friends houses to shower and do laundry and squeezing every last drop possible out of the buckets and bottles of water in our home for flushing toilets, washing hands, faces, and dishes. I've actually become accustomed to the complete lack but I still don't like it. Our neighbors downstairs said they think our suffering is over and now the water problem should be regulating itself. I've lived here too long to bank completely on that, but one can hope, and pray.

Otherwise, life continues to march on and we are gearing up for a full year with the church plant. We had a team meeting on Saturday to discuss this years events and activities and realized we have stuff planned pretty much every month of the year. I'm excited to be more and more involved and have the opportunity to serve with the church. Scotty and I are also thinking more seriously about starting to look for architects to draw up plans for our future home. That is exciting and a little scary! But, we have seen God's constant faithfulness thoroughout our lives and know He will continue to provide for us here.

4 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

woohhhoooo for running water!

Nicole said...

I've been wondering about your water situation! YAY FOR WATER!!!!!!

beth said...

Lisa,
I can imagine your joy! Running water is a wonderful luxury isn't it. I'm glad you finally got yours back.

Unknown said...

Lisa, I think this is the first comment I've ever left, but I LOVE reading your blog! Thanks for giving us eyes to see life in a different country and culture...I crave that. And CONGRATS on the water! We've been in a drought I complain about not being able to water the lawn or wash the cars...this definitely give me better perspective!