Tuesday, July 01, 2014

The ideal short-term team.


The DGCC team:  deep thinking, light-hearted, ready for anything, funny, patient, loving, self-sacrificing.  We could not have asked for a better group to come spend 10 days with us.  As someone who often needs some space from people, I didn't find myself yearning for them to go.  I liked waking up to these people in my house.  I liked going to bed knowing that some of them were still sitting on my couch whats-apping their loved ones.  I knew that if something went wrong (like no running water in the house), they wouldn't flinch.  We took them to the cable cars, grocery shopping, mountain climbing, errand running, tourist shopping, soccer game watching and eating out.  They served us at our SIM spiritual life conference by preaching a challenging and encouraging word, leading us in worship, loving on and playing with our kids, meeting our colleagues and generally joining in the fun.  Natty fell in love with a few young men on this team.  Jubilee was just happy to have more people to laugh at her antics.  I had a cooking and dish-washing partner who also happens to be a great conversationalist/encourager/friend.  We are so grateful.  And we miss you, Coty, Beth, Joel, Albert, Ty, and Luke!

No comments: