Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A new place.

Well, we've landed in Charlotte after a long stay in Gainesville.  I knew once we got here, it would start to feel like the beginning of the end of our time in the US.  We only have 6 weeks here and already the time is moving quickly.  We hope to reconnect with friends and supporters and enjoy our beloved Desiring God Community Church.  Coty and Beth, the pastor and his wife, have graciously welcomed us into their home- feeding us, helping us with baby, playing with Natty and generally loving us in the special way that they do so well.  I am getting inspired again to cook when we return to Bolivia through Beth's delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals.  We love this family!  Natty has had a bit of a rough transition and I think generally is probably feeling similarly to us- a bit tired of transition and not being in our own home with routine.  Well, that's a bit of what I'm feeling, at least.

 Jubilee continues to stump me with her wacky non-schedule and eating needs.  I never quite know what to expect with her!  But, she's getting chunkier and cuter each day and we love that she's joined our family.  I continually waver back and forth between feeling like she should be slipping into some sort of routine and understanding that there's only so much I can do to help when we are in and out and there's another little girl that has needs too.  The books talk about what they are capable of doing at this age and how you can help them, but I find that it doesn't always play out like that in real life and when it doesn't, I feel like I'm somehow doing something wrong.  But, realistically, I just don't have the time or energy to focus 100% on her like I did with Natty.  And, I'm pretty sure her personality is not one that is going to jive with what the books say.  So, I'm trying to remain positive and trust that I'm taking care of her as best as I can and that eventually we will figure things out.  Until then, Scotty continues to be my faithful helper, both with her and Natty.  I'm also feeling a bit of tension because I know that I need to be in the Word every day to combat the occasional overwhelming emotions that pull me away from focusing on Christ.  This is a hard thing to accomplish with all that is going on- but how desperately I need it as I tend to get frustrated with a cranky 3 year old and a baby that is pretty needy.  But, how do you do  it when those 2 people take up most of the day and spare moments are few and far between (and there always seems to be something more "pressing" to do)?  I know well this is the plight of all moms with little ones.  Any advice that doesn't include waking up earlier than I already do?

Well, it seems as though there is a lot more to say and probably something a bit more interesting to relate, but I just don't have the time.  I'll leave you with a sweet picture I took last night after a particularly traumatic feeding when Jubilee wailed and gnashed her teeth/gums, turned her whole body red and almost woke the whole house because she was SO HUNGRY.  This is what she looked like after her meal: 

No comments: