Friday, November 25, 2011

Things I'm loving about being in Gainesville...


...the weather!  Every day is short-sleeved weather and it is glorious.  Natty runs around outside without shoes and has even played in the sprinklers a few times.

...the grass (and general greenness)!  Natty rolls in it, runs in it and everything just looks lush and alive.

...carpet!  Being able to walk around without socks and slippers/shoes on cushy carpet is a delight.  I miss that feeling in Bolivia.

...drinking out of the faucet!  This is especially exciting to Natalie, who often reminds me, "Mommy, did you know we can drink water right out of the sink?!".  Yes, we can.  And I do.

...pizza.  Awesome crust.  Tomato sauce.  Thick.  Cheap.

...TV.  I hate to admit it.  But we love HGTV.

...nice things!  Everything is nice.  Nice, clean restaurants with tasty foods of infinite varieties.  Nice public bathrooms (have you ever been in a Bolivian public restroom?  Not pretty.)  Nice roads.  Nice cars.  Nice, well-stocked grocery stores.  Nice furniture.  Nice toilet paper.  Nice. Nice. Nice.

...cereal!  LOVE Kashi.  All of it.

...parks!  Oh, my goodness.  I could spend an afternoon everyday at our closest sports park.  There are shredded tire tracks under the equipment (verses dirt or cement), which gives a lovely, squishy, safe quality.  There are big oak trees.  There are squirrels.  There are lovely, heavy-duty park benches.  Natty is in heaven there and it is so fun to watch her.

...doctors.  I've already written about that one.  Thanking God for Dr. Duff.


I'm sure I'll think of more things later.  We are still in the honeymoon phase of being in the U.S. :)

No comments: