Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's a...

GIRL!!!  (Can you see the balloon?).  Her name is Jubilee Sage.  We had the name picked out for Zion, if he was a girl.  Jubilee, meaning great rejoicing (as well as its Biblical meaning that might be better saved for a different blog), seems so appropriate in this post-grief time of welcoming the good gift of life into our family again.  We highly suspected the baby to be a boy and even brought home almost an entire suitcase of boy clothes, but we're thrilled our little girl is healthy and Natty's hope was for a baby sister.  The visit with our doctor could not have gone better.  Dr. Duff is a sweet, caring, soft-spoken doctor who took plenty of time with us and made us feel at ease.  He talked to me like I was a "normal" pregnant woman, leading me to believe he is not too concerned about anything drastic happening.  He checked my cervix, informing me that all looks totally normal.  How often I have prayed for that in the last few months!  God is overwhelming us with His love and care for us.  He measured the baby and checked her out all over, reporting all to be perfect.  And then, he explained that as long as I take it easy and not stay out too long, I can do everyday activities again!  I could not stop praising and thanking God for this news!  We feel like he is making our wildest dreams come true (who else is thinking of Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite right now?).  Really, I just don't take these things for granted anymore.

So, out to Olive Garden with both sets of parents to celebrate.  Then, a hair cut, dental appointment, fabric shopping, Starbucks, the library, and Target...not necessarily in that order.  And, no more ordering Scotty around...:)

5 comments:

beth said...

I love Natty's face in that picture! She's going to be a great big sister. Enjoy your outings!

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like you have some plans :-)

We're so thrilled for you all. Praise the Lord for His good gifts!

Steve said...

While we were ready, willing and able to be "in your service" for the duration, we couldn't be more thrilled that you are back on your feet. God truly has answered many prayers with your doctor visit, and we are thankful and grateful for His
lovingkindness. And, we're excited to meet our new granddaughter... the one we have is pretty special!

the johnson crew said...

Congratulations. I have been praying for you.

Andean Echoes said...

wonderful news! I will continue praying for a safe delivery for your little girl.