Monday, December 28, 2009

Technology

You know on Napolean Dynamite when Kip sings the song to Lafawnda at their wedding about how much he loves technology? That's pretty funny...

So, I'm pretty sure Natty's fascination with tech gagets at least rivals, if not surpasses that of Kip. My brother is briefly in town and their first interaction was over his Blackberry. It only took a short amount of time before she was rolling around the tiny mouse ball and pretending like she was talking on the phone. She goes crazy when she sees Scotty's ipod touch and begs to use it...she even knows how to change screens by swiping her finger across. Scary. Anyway, we were at my aunt and uncles' house on Saturday and had put her down for a nap in the back bedroom. I periodically checked the monitor to see if she was going to sleep, sometimes she has a hard time falling asleep in a new spot. At one point, all was quiet, but there was guitar music coming through the monitor. I wondered if my rocker cousin, whose room is next to the one Natty was in, was jammin' on his guitar (at which point I was ready to go back there and give him a piece of my motherly mind). When I peeked in his room, it was empty. I still heard the music. I opened Natalie's door and saw her sitting in her crib, in the dark, her face all aglow with ipod screen. She was sliding her finger across, picking different songs and completely oblivious to my presence. Apparently, Scotty was playing her lullaby music and left the ipod on the bed next to the crib...way too much of a temptation for monkey arms. I was able to sneak back out of the room and get my mom and Scotty in there to see this hilarious sight. She finally looked up with that face like, "What? I'm just listening to some music." I wish I had the camera.

3 comments:

mims said...

That is too funny! You have a real techie on your hands! Thanks for blogging the incident for our enjoyment. Miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

interesting blog
God bless you

Unknown said...

Hilarious!