Thursday, December 03, 2009

Last days

I feel like I have done a lot of "leaving" or "arriving" posts in the last few years. Although I have mostly adapted to our lifestyle of being here and there and everywhere, sometimes all of that catches up with me and throws my emotions into a tizzy. That happened yesterday. But, today I had a lovely day with my daughter, sharing a buttery, soft pretzel and lemonade in the mall and rough-housing on the bed when she should have been napping. As I sat in the cushy, leather chair feeding Natty little bites of pretzel, I wondered if that same scenario might happen in La Paz and what it might look like. Leather and soft pretzel will not be a part of the equation, I know that much. I have tried to be focused on where we are and what we are doing in each place we have been and not look too far ahead or behind, as that usually overwhelms my fragile mind. But, I can't help the "this is the last time I'll be (fill in the blank)" thoughts that keep springing up these days. We have almost a month in Florida to enjoy with my family before we go back- but I've been in this stage before, and that month is so very little. It gets filled with last minute coffees with people, shopping for things we want to take back, Christmas activities, and hopefully, lots of dates with my husband while we have Nana and Papa to babysit. All those things are wonderful, but speed up time somehow. And so I wonder in these 6 months that we've been here, have I made the most of my time? Have I learned what God wanted me to learn? Have I grown closer to Him and more faithful? Will I be a more effective and goldy wife, mother, friend, missionary when we return?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog