Monday, June 22, 2009


Pool- check. Blueberries- check. Home church- check. Relax- check. We are enjoying checking off a mental list of all the stuff we've been looking forward to upon arriving home. Mostly, we were ready to relax, sit around, eat good food and hang out with my family- which we are doing a lot of. We are in no rush to mix and mingle or even visit supporters...yet. There is plenty of time for that. The trip home went fantastically, even with a few delayed flights. As He always does, God answered our prayers by giving us an empty seat on the long leg of the flight between Bolivia and Miami for Natty to hang out in. Big girl in her own seat.
We had her up by 4am on Wednesday and she eventually fell asleep on the trip home from the airport at about 10:30pm. While travelling, she did a great job of playing, sitting, staring, napping a bit, eating, and making everyone fall in love with her (at least, that's our perception). Although it was a very long day, she was up at her normal time the next morning and hasn't skipped a beat in her routine. I'm afraid she takes after me. We were able to share the flight home with good friends from Bolivia, James, Julie and Maya. James, Maya, me and Natty waiting to board the plane.
The girls have just reached an age where they seemed to be enjoying each other a little, but we sadly said "good-bye" to the Bellinghams in Miami, not sure if we'll ever see them again.
Although Natty takes a few days to warm up to new people, my parents have really loved watching her at this new, fun stage.
Natty's "Papa" feeding her dinner.
She's getting much more comfortable with them now and it is a delight for me to watch them interact and give me and Scotty a chance to escape a bit and do some dating again. Our first date since Scotty's birthday in April was a trip to Border's and out to a local Mexican dive, where we were able to chat with our waiter in Spanish (which scored us some free chips). A few days ago, we crashed my best friend's parents' house (which was like a second home to me growing up) to soak up the sun and float in the pool. Natty had her first dip, surprising me and Scotty by loving it and happily splashing around. Poor thing has done a lot of sweating since we've arrived- a feeling she's not at all accustomed to in La Paz. Days like that are exactly what I have been dreaming about in the weeks and months leading up to our return. We can't wait to catch up with more friends and see Scotty's parents this weekend!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so content. Glad you're relaxing!

Spirit of Adoption said...

SO thankful it's been so good for you guys!!! Praise God!!!! And I LOVE the pics!!! ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see your updated blog and hear how things are going! Sounds like you're doing great! I love the last picture of Natty in her suit on the beach towel! Adorable!
-Laura

Megan Del Castillo said...

Yay for being back in the states!
I'm finishing up NICS orientation and then have a little less than a month left in the states before I head to La Paz!
I'm sad to be missing you at first, but I know I will see you when you're back in La Paz.
And, I'm soooo glad that you get some quality time with your family...enjoy!