Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The count-down

We leave for the US in 2 weeks! Because of this fact, I have been too busy to blog but I thought I'd throw a quick one out there to notify everyone of this. I also will not be adding pictures because I just let my computer do "updates" and it has wreaked havoc on my programs- including rendering me incapable of using the program I used to use to shrink pictures. I need to become more computer savvy. Anyway, it continues to get cold here- I am wearing a long sleeved shirt, sweater and fleece in the house. The air is crisp inside, even when it has warmed up considerably outside. Therefore, I am ready for the Florida summer, even though I haven't experienced that kind of humidity since 2006. I went through my wardrobe today and threw out socks I think I've had for 10 years in an effort to consolidate, figure out what I need to buy when we're home, and make room for the boys who will be living here while we're away. God has answered a big prayer in providing a family to take our cats! All we have left now is some more organizing, packing up a whole bunch of stuff and trying to get together with all our friends before we go. I feel like this is what has been going on in the last few weeks. I've thought many times about how wonderful it will be to be in the states with our friends and family, but how nice it is that we aren't leaving feeling burned out or that we're tired of this place. It is a good time to go and we are leaving things in very capable hands. We will miss our friends here but know that the break will be healthy and a great time to meditate on all God has taught us in these almost 3 years and seek out what He wants to do in the next phase.

3 comments:

beth said...

I know that leaving is bittersweet. Praise God for all that He has accomplished in and through you in your time in Bolivia. I'm sure he will continue to prosper the work in your absence and you will return there to hear many exciting stories of God's hand in the lives of your dear ones there.

Know that those of us here in the states are eagerly awaiting your return and look forward so much to having you with us for a while.

Lots of love,
Beth

nicole said...

Do you know when you will be in OH?? :-)

Lisa said...

Sometime in August, Nichole! We'll keep you updated when dates become more fixed. We must see you guys!