Thursday, April 30, 2009

Green pie and other stuff

I'm feeling terribly uninspired lately, which is why you'll note the lack of blogging. So, in order to not expend too much energy trying to summon my writing creativity, I will simply fill you in in list form. Maybe a few pics of Natty will make it better.

1. Can anyone tell me why the sweet potato pie I baked turned green on top the next day. Not just kinda green- GREEN. Thankfully, there was still a third of it that wasn't totally green that I could serve to our neighbors who came over for lunch- they're not so much into Dr. Seuss here.

2. Had the neighbors over for lunch- Edgar, Hortensia, and their 30+ aged kids, Pablo and Sylvia. Good food, loud conversation, family arguments over whether or not technology introduced in Bolivia brought alcoholism. Fun times.

3. Making my own baby food. Natty pretty much puts it all away the same, so I'm not sure what her favorite is. I'm partial to the prune apple oatmeal. She did cry the whole time I fed her carrots today, but she kept opening her mouth for more. She sends some mixed signals during meals. The bottom shelf of the freezer is full of ziplocks with frozen food cubes. It's pretty.

4. Fair amount of hosting going on. I'm starting to wonder if it'll be worth investing in a dish washer down the road. Favorite new salad is chinese cabbage salad- look it up on allrecipes- yum.

5. IBMers seem to be opening up since the retreat. More honesty about what people like, what they dislike, confusions they have, etc. Our small group times tend to be more relaxed with more conversation and more chatting afterward. This is great progress.

6. New family commiting to attend our church. The son says he thinks he's met some real Christians at this church (after attending a handfull of others around town). Awesome.

7. The summer is officially over! This causes even more of an urge to return to the states where people are wearing shorts. It's quite chilly at night and now stays cooler in the house than outside. Natty is getting a chance to wear all those cute jackets and hoodies we've been given (but only in the house- still pleasant in the sun). I really want to keep slippers on her feet to keep them warm, but the only ones I have look like little animals and she constantly pulls them off to taste them.

8. We've got plane tickets home! June 17th-January 8th- woohoo!

1 comment:

undergroundcrowds said...

the taste testing seems like it never ends! do what you can- we told Keane "no!"- sounds harsh, but it was when he was little and it was cold. I'd rather have a healthy baby. you can get shoes that don't come off. here they put hose on kids.