Monday, January 26, 2009

Back online

Well, as much as I enjoy Facebook, it is not what has kept me from blogging. Our internet company, who was doing a trial run with us in this area, finally decided to start charging us, but didn't inform us. So, we assumed for a bit that the internet was down, because sometimes it just goes down unexplainably. Then we actually called and they informed us that they had shut it down cause we hadn't paid. You would wonder how we were supposed to know they were going to start charging us, but you sometimes just stop asking the obvious questions and do what needs to be done. So, it's taken a week or so to get someone out to push the magic buttons that turn it back on- and here we are. Ahhhhh...to have internet again in the house. Having a baby and being homebound a bit is tough when there is no internet to connect you with friends around the world.


Anyway, I'm not sure I can remember all we've been up to in the past few weeks. The big news is that the new constitution passed on Sunday- which means many things, many of which I'm not totally sure of. Check out this article for more info: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/01/25/bolivia-newconstitution.html. We had the day off for the big vote, as there is to be no vehicle usage or gathering in groups on vote days- so no church. Scotty had plans to go help our neighbors paint their mostly finished home, but they never showed...so, we had a wonderful day to ourselves with Natalie. We took in a fantastic Piper sermon, as well as some devo and prayer time together, a walk, some reading, yummy food, etc... It was truly a rest day. Scotty started teaching Algebra 2 a few days a week at the Christian school as a big favor to the director. We're really hoping it will be a chance to get to know some of the kids and their families, always wanting to give those who don't attend church the opportunity to come to ours. I've spent a fair amount of time helping Natalie get into a good nap routine during the day- she had gotten to the point where she was only sleeping 30 mins at a time, or less. That was tough for me and I think for her too. We're doing better now, but it's a bit tougher to try to plan events around her naps. I have really been working through a lot of issues as I learn to be a wife/mom/missionary. I want to set up a pattern for my baby to thrive in, while being flexible. I want to balance ministry and time with friends- still thinking about the needs of my child to not be out when she needs to be in. I fight my natural introversion that keeps me from picking up the phone and calling women who need to talk when I am home with my baby. I want to know how to support my husband in the many ministry areas he is involved in, while not getting bitter or jealous that he is able to get out more or see more people. I have a long way to go in figuring it all out, and probably will never do it perfectly, but am learning a lot about being obedient and living out to God's glory the different roles He has given me.

1 comment:

titanium said...

Know that we pray for you even when the internet is down. :)

Halelujah that the prayer never is cut off, Jesus has already paid the bill!