Friday, December 12, 2008

New day

Happy baby with color in her cheeks.
I so appreciate the encouraging words and prayers of so many of you regarding my last blog. As I expected, I woke up feeling much more hopeful about the whole situation with Natalie, although I still get a little concerned if she starts to cry without a good reason- that's what she did when she wasn't getting enough oxygen. But, even though her breathing seemed a bit delayed last night, she showed no signs of struggling or lack of air throughout her sleep- and she slept a normal night, which she didn't do on the first night of being in a "new" place during our travels. She has been herself today and has retained almost her normal amount of rosiness and given us lots of smiles. I have to thank God that she has recovered quickly and hasn't needed the oxygen after mid-day yesterday. I'm thankful for all our friends, and even those who don't know us well, bringing our needs before our good Father. I am always reminded when seeing my baby struggling, whether it's with big things or little, that God knows to a so-much-greater degree the hardship of watching His child in pain. I know that He has ordained each of Natalie's days and loves her more than me. I continue to ask for faith and trust, even though I know these things, so that the knowledge will pervade my thoughts and emotions and change the way I view the events of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Lisa. My heart is in my throat a little bit. Imagining myself in your shoes brings tears to my eyes...I think you have handled that scare so well, though I know you were fearful. Thank you for telling yourself the truth in your blogging. It helps me tell myself the same thing. I'm so thankful for little Natalie's recovery and will continue to pray for her body to adjust...and for your heart as well as you fight to keep your trust in the Lord and not give in to fear. Love you, sister.

Susan said...

Praise God!! As I was putting n another load of Laundry, I was thinking of you and praying for you.

Susan