Monday, October 15, 2007

New/old hobbies

Thursday night we invited our good friends Jana and Edson over for dinner and hobby night. Scotty lost his only chess friend in LP a few months ago when this friend returned to the states. He's been itching to try out the new board I gave him for our anniversary and it turns out that Edson also enjoys playing. I've been wanting to learn how to knit, inspired long ago by women I saw knitting at Bethlehem Baptist (during the church service!) and also more recently by women who've wanted to create cute things for thier new babies. Jana's mother-in-law has been teaching her and now she's passing on this new knowledge to me as well. I was surprised at how non-dextrous my fingers were, but Jana assured me it would come easier with practice. The kitties certainly enjoyed our lesson, moving from string to needles and back to string again in a frenzy of playful biting and attempts to swallow a mouthful of string. I'm hoping to start out with a scarf- but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

undergroundcrowds said...

have fun with that. I still have slippers I started for John that I haven't finished. I'm suppose to make mine too. BTW, do you always match your coffee cups with your outfits? ;)