Saturday, March 24, 2007

Napoleon dodgeball



Introducing Napoleon, Kip, Lafawnduh, Deb, and Uncle Rico. These 5 signed up to play in a dodgeball tournament today and decided that their theme would be Napoleon Dynamite. We had a spaghetti dinner last night, with the movie playing in the background for inspiration, and discussed the various plays that would be used to crush the opponents. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time when I saw the team all come out, dressed up as their characters. When they initially came out onto the gym floor, they reinacted a few classic scenes- Napoleon pulling Kip into town on his rollerblades, Deb snapping Glamour shots pictures, Uncle Rico throwing the football (and basically acting like a fool), Lafawnduh meeting Kip at the bus station, and the whole team doing interpretive sign to music. They were a hit with the audience and are doing pretty well in the actual game too. As I type, they are still playing, so I'll have to get back to you with the final outcome. It's fun to be married to Napoleon Dynamite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, too funny. Scotty actually looks a little like Napolean, just MUCH better looking!! What a fun thing to do. Hope the team has great success! Love to you both, Mom and Dad K

undergroundcrowds said...

That's hilarious, I have to show John.

Dee Lanier said...

Absolutely hilarious!!

Randy y Dani said...

Lafawnduh is THEE best thing that has ever happened to me. I am 100% certain she is my soul mate.

Napoleon, don't be jealous because I've been talking online to hot babes... all... day.

Back in '82 I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile. How much you wanna bet I could throw a football over that mountain?

Kip and Uncle Rico