Monday, April 06, 2015

One step forward!

The lawyer called me (maybe the first time she's ever initiated contact) on Thursday as we were driving home from here:
Hot springs.  Don't be jealous.
And she wanted to know if we could come in to sign a document on Monday morning.  I just thought, "Wow!  She called me!"  Signal was bad, so I called her back that evening and she informed us that our baby's paperwork has finally been finished!  BEFORE she said it would!  Again, wow!  I can't believe something actually happened before they thought it might, not several months after.  We were very happy, to say the least.

So, Jubilee and I hop in a cab after dropping Natty off at school this morning:

In the taxi.  Jubilee loves public transportation.


And we take off to try to make it to the judge's office in morning rush hour.  A wild drive all around the city deposits us there before the lawyer:
Selfie: Waiting for lawyer.
So, we wait.  We're getting good at this.  Then the lawyer comes, we drop off our papers requesting a court date, they get stamped and we leave.  I ask the lawyer what happens next.  She explains some procedure that I understand about 25% of and come away with the general idea that we do some more waiting until they assign us a date.  However, I think that once we have our date with the judge, we get assigned our baby and can go see him almost immediately!  So, the lawyer is saying we should have a date by next week!  Woohoo!  I'm still not totally letting myself get excited yet, because we've run into so many delays that it's hard to believe it will come to an end "this quickly".  But, I think we are getting very close.  I am very thankful!

1 comment:

beth said...

Pretty exciting, Lisa!!! Keep us posted. We're praying that it will go more smoothly and quickly from now til your sweet little man is in your arms.