Monday, February 20, 2012

God provides

I know as Christians, we are aware of the scripture that promises that God will provide for us and we've probably thrown it out there to friends in need without necessarily even believing it ourselves.  But have you ever had one of those seasons or even moments where it just becomes so real to you- when you see the hand of God specifically meeting a need in your life?  This whole time back in the states has been proof after proof of God showing Himself faithful to us and providing in ways that are generous in only a way that God can be generous.  For me, His provision hasn't necessarily been to meet needs that couldn't have been met otherwise, but going above and beyond meeting our needs in order to show me that He cares for me and really does want me to experience good after wrestling with a lot of what felt to be bad.  Today is a prime example.  My gracious aunt had donated a car seat and stroller system to us to use for Jubilee and we went down to get the car seat checked out by the Shands Safe Kids program (totally a worthwhile, free program).  The lady who checked it out immediately noticed that it was 13 years old and said she could not be liable for installing a seat that is 7 years expired.  We totally understood and wouldn't want to use a seat that could be potentially dangerous, but were bummed that we'd have to buy a new seat just for the few months we'll have left in the US.  However, before the morning was over, we had someone give us a brand new seat!  God pretty much immediately provided that particular gift for us, even though we could have afforded to buy one if that was what we needed to do.  How awesome is that??  And, this was coming on a day where I was starting to feel nervous again about the pregnancy- a bit of concern over some aches and pains and pressures I had been feeling since yesterday.  I felt like the car seat gift was not just to meet that need but to also remind me not to worry- He has it all under control and it's going to be good.  It's a shame to me that I feel a bit corny writing it out this way, because it sounds a bit like a Sunday school lesson I probably heard a million times growing up.  But truly, the greatness and generosity of God has become so much realer to me in the last year or so than ever before in my life.  I love that God has used Zion's life to reach me in this way.

1 comment:

ML said...

I love that He did that for you, friend! I can remember a few times that He's provided for me out of the blue...it makes me FEEL His gentle embrace and care for the smallest details of our lives! A sweet faith-booster, for sure! We're praying for you and Jubilee over here, by the way. Hang in there and rest in Him. Love you! ML