Monday, June 07, 2010

Confession.

Ok, I haven't been writing much on the blog lately, but there's a good reason. Baby Miser #2 is on the way!! So, I haven't been feeling great and haven't been doing much of anything that is blog-worthy. In fact, I've been doing so little of anything that it's starting to become a little bit depressing. When you're mildly sick most days, all day and very lethargic to boot, taking care of the one baby is about all that happens. But, I don't have the energy to do anything fun with her or to be creative, so I kinda start to feel like a bad mommy. Throw in a little crankiness and I start to resemble a bad wife, too. I won't even get started about how lame I feel as a missionary. Anyway, these are just some feelings that come and go and I know I'm not completely useless and, of course, God's grace is so much greater than I often remember and covers me even in these times of pregnancy "icks". I should have started by saying how thrilled we are, how blessed we feel to be welcoming another baby into our lives and family and how good God is, all the time. I'm on the doctor hunt at the moment, hoping to find someone in La Paz that would be willing to give me a good shot at a VBAC. So far, I've been a bit discouraged in that area, too. A missionary friend of ours who has lived here for over 20 years says he's never heard of anyone having a VBAC before. Not good odds. But, maybe I'll be the first! So, if you want to pray for us- ask the Lord to send us a doctor we can trust that has been able to brush up on what "new" things have come out medically in the last 20 years or so....cause most doctors here haven't had that chance. So, hooray for our Christmas baby! And, P.S.- we're not ready to go FB public yet- so keep your comments to the blog. :) Thanks.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! And of course you're in survival mode. I would expect nothing more...remember it's just a season. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

nicole said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED for you guys! And what Kelly said! Being pregnant with #2 is so much different than #1. There is no shame in having no energy! To reiterate...it's just a season!! ANd one more time for good measure....WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations you guys!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I 2nd Kelly :)...it's a season, and God's grace is sufficient!! : )

Jessica said...

Oh, congratulations, you guys!!! That is wonderful news!! The other girls are right--you'll make it :) Rest up as much as you can whenever you can--I'm thrilled for you!!

Unknown said...

So unbelievably exciting! So sorry you're feeling yuck. It can affect how you feel about everything else. I find myself apologizing a lot to Dee during those times for "not doing anything." He always says you ARE doing something. You're building a baby! :-) praying that this season of sickness will pass quickly. It is so much different with little ones to take care of. Love you girl.

molly said...

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!! :) I always tend to lean on the words of our pastor, my family is my ministry right now (he started saying this when I was so sick with the twins pregnancy). It's a great reminder to me that God has me exactly where he wants me...even on days that I don't want to be in this job. (I'm oftening telling Eric that I want to quit my job today! haha!) So just lay down with Natty playing right beside you and that is good enough for now.
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay, Lisa! That's really EXCITING! It's so hard to give ourselves grace sometimes. You are a good wife and a good mommy because of His work in you. Thanks for telling us "readers"! :) I'll be praying for you in this season, friend.

ML said...

YAYYYYY! So very very excited for you guys. Let's Skype soon! :) If you're feeling up for it, that is.

Annette said...

Yeah!! Praise God and we're excited for you guys..... Another little miracle on the planet.....love you!