Saturday, August 15, 2009

Content

So sweet and cuddly.
I've thought a lot about the blog lately, wondering what I could write about that would be of any interest to anyone. I feel fairly busy and like things are happening in life but I just don't have the "umph" to write about it. Sometimes I feel like I need to have something terribly funny, exciting or new to report, but that just isn't happening in my life. What is happening is lots of time with family, watching Natalie develop little by little each day, resting, reading, jogging, enjoying comfortable Tennessee weather, good conversations with Scotty, good meals with the in-laws, etc. Have I said lately what a wonderful, adorable, beautiful, funny little girl we have? So, the Lord is being very gracious to us and blessing us with a time of rest and doing the things we like to do most. We miss our friends in Bolivia, we wish we could attend church at IBM and then beam back here, we smile when we think of those that are part of our daily lives there...but we are so content here. I often wonder what I would say if someone were to ask me, "what is God teaching you these days?" There is nothing profound, nothing new...but a constant sense of thankfulness and recognition of His goodness. I'd love to develop a better habit of prayer and a discipline of memorizing scripture while I have this free time in the states. But, for now, I am just soaking in the goodness of my Father and seeing His presence continually around me in the love of my family.

2 comments:

beth said...

Lisa,
Just continue to enjoy the time of rest and refreshment. All of life isn't momentous. He's in the small ordinary graces and blessings, too.

Natty is so cute! We can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful and restful, Lisa. Can't wait to see you guys.