Sunday, May 10, 2009

Uuuuugh....

There will be no pictures today. There's nothing cute happening at our house this week. Natty and I have decided to have our first mother-daugther bonding time (besides the whole birth/breastfeeding/raising time, etc...)- we have the flu. I'm a couple days behind Natty, so I get to watch her to see what's in store for me. She's held on to a particularly nasty strain for a whole week now- most of that week with a low grade fever and lots of crying/whining. I, being an adult and very healthy, figured that this would not be an issue for me. Oh- was I wrong! My body also is not letting go of this one, or it's not letting go of me, and every day seems to make me feel a little more awful...I wasn't sure that could happen. So, that's been our week. A couple times, I've felt up for leaving the house and thought maybe a distraction would be good for Natty so we went to the park and into town once for sherbet. Bad idea. There was lots of crying and a few quizzical/judgmental looks thrown our way. I did have a melt-down yesterday after going into town, feeling not so hot, but determined to have my gyro and sherbet. Natty fussed as soon as we got her out, I lost something in the car, Natty cried through the gyros (which I couldn't really taste but left a nice, gritty film on the roof of my mouth), and then couldn't find my sunglasses upon leaving. Needless to say, we skipped the ice cream and drove directly home, Natty crying just for a minute before falling asleep, and me crying for a good while after that. Well, I suppose that is enough complaining for one blog. I did listen to an excellent sermon from John Piper this morning about John 3:16. He unpacks this well-known verse into the 7 most profound, important, life-changing truths you will ever hear or hope to understand. It was effective in making me see how petty my little sickness is and how great is the God who raised me from death to life through Jesus Christ.

And now, I shall put the egg casserole in the oven that Scotty prepared last night in honor of Mother's Day. This was a big deal for him, as cooking is #567 on his list of favorite things to do. May the Lord sustain us as mothers and bless us today as we celebrate the gift of our children!

3 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

praying for you!!!

have you gone to see a Dr?

Unknown said...

Oooohhhh, so sorry. Hope you're ALL better soon.

Unknown said...

Yuck! So sorry, Lisa! Trying to take care of someone else while you need someone to take care of you is one of the hardest things in the world to do. Is Scotty able to stay home and help you out some? How is he feeling?