Monday, July 14, 2008

3rd trimester "Top Ten"

I've decided there's a few things that have really marked this trimester as being different from the first 2, and it's probably a bit specific to first-time moms as well. So, here is my list in no particular order:

10. You think about the baby coming, what labor will be like, what she will be like, and how life will change after- about 50% of the day.


9. You continue to love eating, but find that any normal size portion will come back to haunt you in a matter of time in many different forms, none of which are pleasant. Small portions only!

8. Lots more strangers rub (not just touch) your belly. When we were flying to Cochabamba, the flight attendent was asking me if I had a doctor's note that allowed me to fly and the whole time we were disucussing the issue, she was rubbing my belly somewhat subconsiously...


7. You feel like you've reached a new milestone in life when the pack n play gets set up. I can't believe we have a huge piece of nursery furniture in our bedroom!
6. You think of most quiet moments together with your husband as "the last, precious few".

5. You find that if there's a lull in conversation with your husband, you want to bring up something baby-related. I'm trying to be merciful to Scotty on this one and be more inventive.


4. You re-read all the same pregnancy, birth, breast-feeding and first year books over again.


3. You have to wake up each time you want to roll over at night to help the belly make the journey.


2. While you're awake, you decide you might as well go to the bathroom AGAIN cause you'll have to soon anyway.


1. You have a hard time tying your shoes.
I'm sure I could do another top 10 list in a few weeks as things continue to grow and change. I really am enjoying the process of collecting baby "stuff" and getting it all together, and sometimes I see that Scotty isn't getting as excited as I am about each little thing. I finally explained it to him today that it's very similar to each time he's gone to the hardware store lately for rubber gloves or a machete- they each are brining us a step closer to the reality of things we are really excited about. For him, it's building on our new land; for me, it's the arrival of our daughter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous, Lisa! I can't wait to meet little baby cutie pie Miser. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVED this blog! You nailed some great items. I would add to the shoe tying trial: painting toe nails! And now that I'm so close to the due date, I think my mind is consumed with baby-related thoughts about 85% of the time! Love you, Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa & Scotty,
Papi alerted me that there were several blogs so I had some catching up to do. Lisa, it is delightful to read how you are savoring your pregnancy and the way you have related your thoughts and feelings help us to enjoy it from afar ... we truly appreciate that. We send lots of love.

Spirit of Adoption said...

that's a pretty good top 10! Oh!!! It's been 2 yrs, and I remember SO well! ; )

Nicole said...

I got all teary eyed! I remember them all too well and they are all worth it!!!!!!