Thursday, August 24, 2006

Are you serious??

This may look like an ordanary knife drawer...but it's not. You see, I have made numerous pizza crusts, cookies, and other baked items that called for a rolling pin. Because all of our kitchen equipment was graciously donated to us from my grandmother's kitchen when we got married, I sometimes am not aware of what we do and do not have. A rolling pin was an item that I was certain we did not have. Many hours I've slaved over a ball of dough, trying in vain to roll it out with a large glass covered in flour that did not want to stick to it. If only I had a rolling pin, I thought. But, I don't want to buy one when we are just going to be moving soon (my "miser" side coming out). But wait! As I was cleaning out this very knife drawer, I came upon this rolling pin...it's been sitting there for a year!! Scotty and I both open this drawer at least twice a day, and neither of us have ever noticed the pin sitting there. Words can't describe how silly I felt...but I'm sure you can imagine.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

ROFL!!!! That is hilarious and sounds just like something I would do!!

Unknown said...

That's funny! What a great thing to have your grandmother's knife collection. There's something really charming (and empowering) about weilding an old kitchen knife!

Annette said...

i recently found my wax paper holder (there's a special metal box in one of the cupboards) in my house after 3 years of living here.