Thursday, July 27, 2006

11-monthiversary



11 months ago today Scotty and I were married. That's starting to be easier to believe now that we have experienced so many different things together. We still try to do one out of the ordinary thing together each month, and today we had a full blown, mid-day date. I'm not sure how many of you know how much of a donut fan I am. I don't allow myself to indulge very often (although there was one time after a mountain climb in Bolivia that I thought I deserved 3!), but I decided 11 months deserved a donut (forget fine china or stationary). So, our first stop- Dunkin Donuts. This donut store has been taunting me for the last year we've lived here, placing itself right on the road that we take almost daily to go anywhere. I had been contemplating donuts since yesterday when I decided we must go, and had narrowed down my selection between my two favorites, chocolate iced and raspberry filled. I went with the chocolate and threw in a hazelnut coffee to offset the sugary snack. I must admit, this donut didn't live up to the anticipation. It was good, don't be mistaken, but they didn't glaze the yeast part...that's just not right. I have found the only place I know for sure (other than generic grocery store donuts) that glazes the yeast part of the donut on a chocolate iced is Krispy Kreme. Well, I'll know better next time. Scotty is a coffee snob, I think I'm a donut snob.














Post-donut happy tummies

After getting plenty jacked up on caffeine and sugar, we loaded a Gold Rush Trolley and headed to Uptown. Next destination, Deep Sea, the latest IMAX adventure. Another fact about me, I love watching any discovery channel type flic that involves ocean life. Love it! So, we bought tickets, wasted a little time in the Mint Museum Gift Shop (when you're too cheap to actually buy a ticket to the museum) and then walked back to pick out perfect seats.

Fun masks at Mint Gift store

The film was good, narrarated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet, and had an abundance of wierd, ugly, and very talented sea creatures that mostly encouraged me to stay out of deep water. They also gave a stunning reminder of the impressive creativity of our Creator. Factoid of the day: The Mola Mola fish can grow to weigh 4000 lbs- yes 4000.

Overall, a succesful date, and even better that my husband planned it without my urgings. He is a great man and I hope we'll have at least 11 more months together. :)

3 comments:

Jenny Evoy said...

Scotty & Lisa,

A big CONGRATULATIONS on your 11-monthiversary! We love reading your blog and seeing all the fun pictures!

Unknown said...

LOL! You are so much fun! And you made me crave some Dunkin' D's.

Happy happy happy happy happy monthaversary (ever seen "So I Married An Axe Murderer"?)

Nicole said...

You guys take the best pictures!!!!