Tuesday, August 11, 2015

In the trenches.

I'm sitting on my bed with coffee and dark chocolate and a candle burning.  It's cold outside and cloudy today.  The wind cuts right through your clothes and makes it impossible to be warm.  Sounds cozy in here, right?  Don't let me fool you- I also have a very sick little boy glaring at me with half-closed sick eyes and whimpering faintly because he's almost totally hoarse.  He was burning up with a fever last night and crying continually.  All.  Night.  Long.  I don't think I've ever gotten so little sleep...even in those crazy high school lock-ins at church (remember those?).  Scotty and Natty started school yesterday and my parents left in the wee hours of the morning and I thought I would have this lovely week of getting Moses back onto a decent sleep schedule at night, start going to the gym and generally have perfect control over my circumstances.  Ha!  I don't think the Lord sits up in heaven smirking down on us with a sarcastic grin, but He must wonder why we learn so very slowly.  So, I'm still in the depth of the trenches and wondering if I should try to get this very sad little boy a a doctor (except his pediatrician doesn't work today) and asking myself if life will ever be normal again.  Here's to chocolate and a moment to blog.  Small victories.

No comments: