Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Good news.

 Meet baby David.  Lord-willing, this is our son.  This is the announcement that was recently put in the paper to see if anyone from his family would recognize him and want to claim him.  No one did, so on the 18th of this month, he'll be declared available for adoption by a judge.  If all goes well, a couple weeks after that, he'll be assigned to us.  There are a lot of "what-ifs" still and we don't have legal claim to him, can't meet him, and aren't really sure if things will move as fast as they "should".  But, it's a step in the right direction and we are trusting the Lord that this is our boy.  It's hard for me to not feel like I can really get excited about him coming soon, cause he may not.  I want to buy baby clothes (he'll be 6 months old soon), but can't hold too tightly to the idea that he'll will come to us in the next month.  I'd love to get out some toys and have them ready for him, but what if he doesn't come?  Certainly, we have been through the emotional roller-coaster and the ride isn't over yet.
 Here is where our little guy is living right now.  We've never been behind the walls of this orphanage, and even though I daydream about what it might be like to walk through that door and see our baby face-to-face, I have to wait a little longer.

Here is the revolving box that faces the street where baby David was probably dropped off by his biological mother.  It swivels toward the inside of the orphanage so the workers can hear the baby crying and come fetch him.  Hard to imagine dropping off my child in a box.

Scotty and I walked by this orphanage after eating lunch nearby today.  It was so hard.  I knew my child was behind those walls.  I have a picture of him.  But, I don't have the freedom or right to claim him.  However, I know this process will come to an end.  We will have our son in our arms and in our home and we will be able to move forward as a family.  I don't know why it has stretched on for as long as it has, but I don't doubt that the Lord has been fully in control of it and I know He wants our son to have a family even worse than we do.  So, we will continue to pray for patience and maybe in a few weeks, you'll see that cute little face next to ours.  Will you pray with us?

P.S. David is the name he was given in the orphanage- it is a name chosen at random.  Stayed tuned for his Miser name. :)

No comments: